If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment on a job-site and have a can-do team player attitude, then this position might be a great fit for you! The Field Team, managed by our General Superintendent, collaborates with our Project Manager and Project Engineers while all working toward a common goal – to deliver a high quality and on-time project.
Let Us Introduce Ourselves
Our Core Values:
- Embrace the family
- Do what you say
- Do the right thing
- Be a “can-do” team player
- Obsess over client success
At the end of the day, our niche is to build great buildings with great people.
What You’ll Get Out of This Opportunity
The Superintendent is responsible for providing overall day-to-day on-site administration and technical management on construction projects. Maintain and direct the coordination of subcontractor activity.
What You’ll Do
The essential duties and responsibilities for a Superintendent include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures that the day-to-day coordination of subcontractors on the jobsite turn out high-quality work that meets the approved project schedule.
- Executes work procedures, interprets specifications, and coordinates various phases of construction to prevent delays and provides assistance with client demands.
- Monitors field work to ensure compliance with safety regulations, company standards, procedures, specifications and codes. Must be able to create and maintain a safety first environment.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of contract documents to be able to plan ahead and anticipate potential problems before they arise.
- Responsible for the overall coordination and management of the jobsite.
- Develops detailed work plans, schedules, resource plans, and status reports including developing and implementing complete project schedules to ensure required dates are met.
- Facilitate pre-construction meetings, site visits, and subcontractor meetings on a weekly basis.
- Communicates schedule updates and changes to the Project Team.
- Requires travel to other New England states based on project demand.
- Must be able perform other related duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need
- Knowledgeable of the construction process, safety procedures, construction materials and methods, read and understand blueprints.
- Retail, automotive, healthcare and/or multi-family project experience desired
- Experience on projects valued between $1 million and $10 million preferred
- OSHA 30 certification a plus
- Extensive knowledge of safety regulations
What You’re Bringing to the Table
- High School Diploma
- Degree from an accredited college or university program preferred
- 5-10 years’ experience in Commercial Construction experience
- MA site supervisors license
- OSHA 10 certification
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of the job.
Physical Demands: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and
activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EEO Statement: New England Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.