The Operations intern will provide support to the Project Engineer, Project Manager, and Superintendent on specific projects. Through this internship, our hope is that you will gain knowledge and experience directly related to your area of study.
Operations Intern responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Attend weekly onsite meetings including Subcontractor coordination meetings, owner/architect meetings, and internal team meetings.
- Assist the Project Engineer with the writing of meeting minutes during all weekly operations meetings, Subcontractor coordination meetings and Owner/Architect meetings.
- Assist in maintaining documents such as the material status report, contact lists, and drawings.
- Assist with the RFI and submittal process as needed.
- Provide team members and Subcontractor(s) with all current construction documentation as directed.
- Assist and support project team with closeout coordination including but not limited to making phone calls, printing documents, filing documentation, making binders, and updating the Project Engineer on percent complete on a weekly basis.
- Assist Project Manager and Superintendent with project start up and jobsite initial set up. Including but not limited to collecting all project documentation from the Estimating Department.
- Calling subcontractors as needed.
- Meet bi-weekly with the Manager of Project Engineering to review work on personal goals and provide update on projects.
- Participate in project and/or team meetings as needed.
- Attend and participate in the weekly project management meeting with Operations Department.
- Assisting other departments as directed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize effectively.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite required
- Flexible and adaptable team-player
- Maintain a Professional Appearance and Manner
- Excellent effective time/self-management
- Ability to act on and carry out NEC’s Core Values
- Currently pursuing a degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or another related area of study.