Let Us Introduce Ourselves
Our Core Values:
- Embrace the family
- Do what you say
- Do the right thing
- Be a “can-do” team player
- Obsess over client success
At the end of the day, our niche is to build great buildings with great people.
New England Construction is seeking a qualified candidate for an Estimator in our Estimating Department. The Estimator will be responsible for preparing complex estimates for assigned projects of medium to large size and complexity. The ideal candidate will have strong organizational and customer service skills and will be able to manage concurrent projects as well as have the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyzes drawings, specifications, reviews proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings and walk through’s to determine scope, duration and cost of work to prepare comprehensive cost estimates.
- Performs detailed quantity and labor takeoffs of all divisions. Prepares estimates, including schedules for use in selecting vendors/subcontractors.
- Coordinates total estimating effort relevant to particular bid/project as assigned and submits the bid in a timely manner in accordance with the client’s deadline.
- Interfaces with client, architect, engineer and subcontractors to provide engineering and cost data regarding project feasibility.
- Follows awarded contracts as assigned – may include estimating extra work items, change orders, credits, procuring material, etc.
- Acts as a resource to project management during the award / start-up phase to clarify any issues regarding what was considered in the estimate including materials and methods of construction.
- Assist in managing and adding subcontractors to the database.
- Establish and maintain relationships with subcontractors and suppliers to ensure current market conditions are included in the estimate.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Excellent oral and written communication skills necessary.
- Must have exceptional phone skills.
- Knowledge of multiple construction disciplines is required.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, construction documents, safety rules, O & M instructions, etc.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced knowledge of estimating techniques and cost control.
- Ability to interpret computerized cost data and systems is essential.
- Ability to solve practical problems and manage variety of situations where limited standardization exists.
- Plan, direct and control work activities.
- Rate information using personal judgment or standards that can be measured or checked.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office, specifically Excel and Project; Sage Timberline; Procore; SmartBid; Planswift and Bluebeam.
- Ability to perform conceptual estimates is a plus.
- Minimum of five years construction cost estimating experience with a general contractor.
- Four year degree in construction management, architecture, engineering, etc. Or the equivalent combination of education and experience to meet job requirements.
Excellent total compensation package which includes competitive benefits, 401k program, flexibility and much more!
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
New England Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability status.Apply Now