New England Construction is seeking an Estimating Summer 2020 intern to add to our Estimating Department. Through this internship, our hope is that you will gain knowledge and experience directly related to your area of study.
Estimating Intern responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Performs administrative functions and provides administrative support to the Estimators and Estimating Administrators.
- Ability to handle a high volume of inbound/outbound calls. Must be able and comfortable to use the telephone to reach out to subcontractors on a daily basis.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively—both verbally and in writing with co-workers and subcontractors.
- Analyze drawings, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time, cost, and labor estimate for projects.
- Ability to prepare quantity take-offs
- Must be able to print documents and drawings from the Plotter
- Ability to enter information into SmartBid
- Work on Projects as assigned such as unit pricing, conceptual estimating, or database management.
- Participate in project and/or team meetings as needed.
- Attend and participate in the weekly Estimating meetings with Estimating Department.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize effectively.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite required
- Flexible and adaptable team-player
- Maintain a Professional Appearance and Manner
- Excellent effective time/self-management
- Ability to act on and carry out NEC’s Core Values
- Currently pursuing a degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Estimating or another related area of study.