New England Construction is seeking a qualified candidate for a support position in our Estimating Department. The ideal candidate will have strong organizational and customer service skills and will be able to manage concurrent projects, and provide support to the Director of Estimating and Senior Estimator.
We are looking for an energetic individual who enjoys working in a high-paced environment and is able to multi-task.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Assist the Director of Estimating and the Senior Estimator with the day-to-day operations of the Estimating Department.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively—both verbally and in writing with co-workers and subcontractors.
- Must be able to develop and maintain good relationships with project management team, peers, and subcontractors.
- Ability to handle a high volume of inbound/outbound calls. Must be able and comfortable to use the telephone to reach out to subcontractors on a daily basis.
- Must be a self-starter with ability to work effectively with minimal supervision as well as in a team.
- Honesty, integrity, loyalty, and the ability and willingness to make the Company’s best interests the number one priority.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize workload in order to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Must have exceptional phone skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, Excel)
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate issues to all levels of management and clients.
- Experience working in Estimating, Construction Management, or a related field is a plus.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One to three years of general office/administrative experience
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of the job.