Accounts Payable Coordinator
Let Us Introduce Ourselves
Our Core Values:
- Embrace the family
- Do what you say
- Do the right thing
- Be a “can-do” team player
- Obsess over client success
At the end of the day, our niche is to build great buildings with great people.
What You’ll Get Out of This Opportunity
We are seeking an Accounts Payable Coordinator to join our growing team. The Accounts Payable Coordinator reports to the Director of Finance, and is responsible for performing a variety of professional level accounting duties including general accounting, accounts payable, and accounts receivable. The Accounts Payable Coordinator will perform analytical work and conduct thorough reviews of financial records as well as some general administrative functions.
What You’ll Do
- Assist the Director of Finance with the day-to-day, monthly, and year-end operations of the Accounting/Finance Department.
- Perform general accounts analysis and reconciliations, as well as project based reconciliations of job costs including subcontractor, labor and other expenses.
- Review all incoming invoices for accuracy and code each invoice to job numbers and GL accounts, and utilize NEC’s system to route invoices for internal approval.
- Maintain overall responsibility for the accounts payable process, including processing and payment of both project related and overhead invoices, and staff reimbursements. Work closely with the Director of Finance and Billing Supervisor on the weekly check run process and be responsible for collecting all subcontractor payment waivers.
- Perform job costing coding functions related to payroll and credit card transactions, and enforce internal approval process related to credit card purchases.
- Perform the processing of functional and benefits expense allocations, monthly accruals, amortization of prepaid expenses and recording of adjusting and reclassification journal entries, if necessary. Perform reclassification of job cost expenses, including subcontractor and labor expense, as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports including but not limited to general ledger budget performance, project based reconciliations and customer aging reports and statements.
- Support the Billing Supervisor with the preparation of customer invoices and supporting materials as needed, such as subcontractor waiver logs, owner affidavits, etc.
- Communicate with subcontractors and vendors regarding status of payment as needed. Ensure subcontractors are in compliance with contract requirements, such as insurance, prior to sending payment.
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need
- Ability to monitor and collect data to assess accuracy and integrity; analyze data; ensure compliance with applicable standards (i.e. General Accepted Accounting Principles), rules, regulations and systems of internal control; interpret and evaluate results, prepare documentation; create financial reports and/or presentations.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize workload in order to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Knowledge of Sage Timberline Office or ProCore is a plus.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, especially Excel).
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate issues to all levels of management.
What You’re Bringing to the Table
- Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- One to three years of experience of general accounting experience.
- Knowledge of general construction accounting, auditing, payroll, and invoicing.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of the job.
Excellent total compensation package which includes competitive benefits, 401k program, flexibility and much more!
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
New England Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability status.Apply Now